Who We Are:
Locution Systems’ mission is to support first responders across North America to protect their communities as efficiently as possible. This goal is reflected in not only the innovative technology we design but also the people we hope to attract in the pursuit of our mission.
As an organization with over 25 years of experience in the public safety industry, specifically Fire Station Alerting, Locution Systems is widely considered an industry leader in improving first responder quality of life and turnout times.
Operating at the foothills of the Colorado Rockies in Golden, CO our offices offer close proximity to South Table Mountain Trailheads and the Colorado Mills Mall.
What You’ll Do as an Account Executive:
- The Locution Account Executive is responsible for bringing in and managing prospective customers within the Fire Station Alerting market. This individual must be able to handle contacts with multiple potential customers simultaneously.
- Cultivate new relationships and bring in new business prospects using existing lead generation systems such as incoming quote requests from the Locution website, recommendations from our existing customers, trade show contacts, and electronic and print advertisement. Sales will be defined by territory.
- Strategize with Customer Operations Manager on how to create additional business beyond the existing methods. Essentially cultivating groups of prospects that would benefit from our systems that may not be quickly reached using our ‘in existence’ lead generation systems.
- Keep management informed by maintaining all prospects in Salesforce CSM system. It is the Account Executive’s responsibility to have all prospects represented and updated in Salesforce, including account information, contacts, and any relevant information for the company to know about the customer.
- Create proposals in response to Prospective Customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Information (RFI). Proposals will be created working with Locution’s Documentation team and Customer Operations Manager. The Account Executive will strive to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all RFI / RFP.
- Keep management informed of observed changes in the market, such as changes in market activity or customer’s needs/wants.
- Create quotes for potential customers using a mixture of three methods as appropriate: 1. Locution’s quote tool; 2. Obtaining quotes from Locution’s quote department; 3. Working with audio department for quotes (on projects that encompass complex audio-based system as part of project)
- Provide potential customers with all information they require during the sales process (e.g. Locution standard questionnaire, Locution API for interfacing to Locution, etc). When additional resources are needed, it is the Account Executives responsibility to coordinate with the appropriate departments to fully educate customers.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Take a consultative approach to right-sizing the customer to their needs and wants while making suggestions to what will improve their overall experience. The Account Executive will always do what is right for the customer and the company, with transparency and integrity.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in sales / account management
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- High attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Proficiency in planning
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to learn new products, specifically Locution’s products
- High tolerance for stressful situations
- Ability to adapt to changing situations quickly
- Ability to understand the concepts of basic control systems
- This position is based in the Locution corporate office, and the position will be an in-office position for the first six months. Once the Customer Operations Manager identifies this individual is at an appropriate level of knowledge and expertise, this position has the opportunity for a more flexible schedule, including work from home, which will be worked out directly with the Customer Operations Manager.
- 401K Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short Term / Long term Disability
*The above job description is designed to provide a high-level overview of the job duties but is not limited to this list.